Monday, June 22, 2009

Member Review: No Doubt



BPD member Stace wrote:

No Doubt came in strong, opening with their 1996 hit single Spider Webs. Nothing like kicking off a concert with 20,000 people singing with you, right? Gwen Stefani, who despite being 39, looks incredible and has more performance endurance than I have seen in other top artists. Gwen told the audience that No Doubt was there to get inspired for their next album, and they just wanted people to sing and have a good time. Well, myself and 20,000 others, certainly did. Gwen also thanked the audience, saying that she has no words to express how it feels playing in front of an audience this huge, who all sang the words to each of their songs.

No Doubt clearly loves what they do and their impeccable performance really displayed what a fantastic band they are. Gwen’s vocals were incredible, and they sounded better than their albums, which is not something I have ever experienced at a concert.

They were very appreciative too, calling out to fans with signs, pulling fans up on stage, grabbing fans cameras and taking pictures with them. Gwen even pulled one guy up on stage, telling him to “shut the f#@k up!” as he had No Doubt tattooed across his back. He looked as if he might have an aneurysm after Gwen gave him a big hug. She hugged every fan she pulled up. From what I hear of their other concerts, she is like this all the time – really relating to the fans and being very appreciative of their support. She even gets down in the crowd for some of the venues that have easy access back and forth.

I was surprised how accessible Gwen was backstage. Soaking wet, spent, she still found the time to answer my questions and endure my "gawking".

All in all it was amazing to see a band that I grew up with still kicking butt and remembering who made them. I would do it all over again and I can guarantee it will not be my last No Doubt concert.

BPD: You it!

Thanks Stace. We're so happy that you're so happy. You too can get backstage and meet your faves. Join BackstagePassDirect today.