Monday, June 13, 2011

Clarence Clemons Update

We didn't want to believe it when we heard the news, but BPD has confirmed that Clarence Clemons, sax extraordinaire of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band has suffered a massive stroke. After two subsequent brain surgeries at a Florida hospital, the good news is that Clarence is currently responsive and in stable condition, though still in a fight for his life.

The latest out of Florida has Clarence Clemons in better condition than anyone expected. "Yesterday, it did not look good at all. Today... his vital signs are improving. He's responsive. His eyes are welling up when we're talking to him. He was paralyzed on his left side, but now he's squeezing with his left hand. This is the best news we've heard since the stroke happened. The next five days will still be critical. But he's a fighter. He's fought back from so much before."

Recently speaking about he last tour, Clarence confided:
    "With all that pain and agony I went through on the last tour — I'd do it again. There's something about being on stage. I call it the Healing Floor. I do all this shit up there and then I think back later and say, 'How the hell did I do that?' But it's what I'm supposed to do. It revives me."

Please join us in continuing to send prayers, love, and light to the Big Man.