Thursday, May 27, 2010

Member Review: Taylor Swift



BPD member 127623 writes:

Taylor Swift doesn't mince words. Backstage, I asked her why her songs seem to be so negative toward guys. Swift responded: "I guess if boys don't want me to write bad songs about them they shouldn't do bad things." The reference to Joe Jonas, he reportedly broke up with her over two years ago in a phone call that only lasted seconds, was obvious. Later on, in a continuation of this thread, she told the crowd "I think it's entirely possible that I've fallen in love with you after two songs. And I think that it's that kind of deep, pure love, that lasts forever. I love you like I love burning my ex-boyfriend's pictures. "

Deafening cheers and thunderous applause greeted her as she kicked off her Fearless tour 2010.

Initially dressed as a bandleader, Swift emerged from beneath her bright, colorful set - featuring a T-shaped catwalk at the front - with her dancers dressed as cheerleaders, and her band in school band outfits.

But the clean-cut cutie soon gave way to the sexier vamp in black leather boots.

With the first of many flips of her long, wavy, blond hair, Swift ripped off the bandleader coat to reveal a sparkly silver mini-dress underneath.

Swift, fresh-looking as ever after a costume change into a red sequined mini-dress, then launched into Forever And Always, a song written about Jonas as a last-minute add-on to Fearless.

And when Swift appeared in the audience stands to sing, Hey Stephen, in a new blue dress and brown cowboy boots, the crowd was besides themselves, particularly since she made a point of shaking hands with and hugging as many of them as possible as she made her way towards a smaller, rotating and levitating stage at the back of the floor.

"You looked like you were having fun back here, so I though I'd join you - is that alright?" said Swift, as she sat down with a 12-string acoustic guitar to perform, Fifteen, yet another song about a boy.

So many of Swift's songs deal with love - both falling in and out and of the unrequited variety - that her (almost entirely) young female audience's bond with her is intense, like it can only be for girls who feel things so deeply between the ages of 12 and 16.

Their continued and sustained screams for several minutes caused Taylor to stop, pull out of her earpieces, and take it all in right after she performed Tim McGraw and made her way back up to the larger stage.

"When I was a little kid that I would have this crazy dream I'd be able to sing on stage and have a crowd scream really, really loud, but what you just did was even cooler than that," said Swift. "Thank you so much."

And there were a few girly moments that were even too girly for me, although my younger sister, was close to going nuclear. For a moment, I thought it wasn't a concert so much as a massive love-in for God-fearing teens. The mood was excited the way people get all pumped up for Disneyland.

It was like Christmas, Easter and your high-school prom all rolled up into one, but packing more estrogen than a Lillith Fair concert.

I preferred the stripped-down simplicity of Swift just playing her acoustic guitar on White Horse myself, but something tells me I was just about alone on that.

Swift also scored major points by injecting a bit of Justin Timberlake's What Goes Around Comes Around, into her own You're Not Sorry, as she sat at a piano while white fog floated around her feet.

This was the first time I've ever been backstage at a show. It was UNREAL!

SET LIST

You Belong With Me

Our Song

Tell Me Why

Teardrops On My Guitar

Fearless

Forever and Always

Hey Stephen

Fifteen

Tim McGraw

White Horse

Love Story

The Way I Loved You

You're Not Sorry/What Goes Around Comes Around

Picture to Burn

ENCORE

Today Was a Fairytale

Should've Said No

127623 , UNREAL is what it is! Our members get to have experiences that others can only dream about.

Join BPD today and get in on all the action.